ndepend : The .NET Code Quality Tool
- Integrate with Visual Studio 2022, 2019, 2017, 2015, 2013, 2012 and 2010, with Azure DevOps / TFS, with GitHub Action and all other CI/CD platforms
- All features available side-by-side with Visual Studio Code and Rider thanks to the standalone app VisualNDepend.exe
- Analyze NEW .NET 7.0, 6.0, 5.0, .NET Core, .NET Fx 4.x, ASP.NET Core, Blazor, Xamarin, Unity and UWP application
- Runs on Windows, macOS and Linux
- Focus On Recent Changes Quality
- Smart Technical Debt Estimation
- Quality Gate
- Integration and Reporting
- Code Visualization
- As a static analyzer, NDepend will likely find hundreds or even thousands of issues affecting your code base. Stopping work to attempt to fix all issues for weeks would be quite unproductive.
- This is why NDepend is the only tool that proposes to focus on progress since a baseline. The tool estimates the Technical Debt evolution since the baseline.
- Recent code smells that should be fixed before committing any code to source control are highlighted in the code just edited.
- As a consequence the Code Quality remains under control with no major upfront investment.
- NDepend is the only .NET tool that is able to tell the developer that over the past hour, the code just written has introduced debt that would cost for example about 30 minutes should it have to be repaid later. Knowing this, the developer can fix the code before even committing it to the source control.
- With NDepend code rules are C# LINQ queries that can be created and customized in a matter of seconds. These queries contain C# formulas to compute accurate technical debt estimations.
- The default rule-set offers over a hundred code rules that detect a wide range of code smells including entangled code, dead-code, API breaking changes and bad OOP usage.
- A Quality Gate is a code quality criterion that must be enforced before releasing and eventually, before committing to source control.
- A dozen of default Quality Gates are continuously checking measures such as overall Code Coverage by tests or Technical Debt added since baseline.
- With NDepend, a Quality Gate is a C# LINQ query easy to customize and create. This unique approach offers the required level of flexibility to enforce what really matters for your organization.
- We don't sell consultancy, we sell software. Our goal is to offer a seamless tool which is easy to get started with and easy to work with. With NDepend, you’ll obtain in-depth reporting within a few minutes after first installation.
- NDepend integrates smoothly within Visual Studio (2022, 2019, 2017, 2015, 2013, 2012 and 2010) VisualNDepend.exe is a standalone app that can run side-by-side with Visual Studio Code or Rider.
- A powerful Azure DevOps / TFS integrated hub is available. Other Continuous Integration platforms are also supported (TeamCity, AppVeyor, SonarQube...).
Because a picture is worth a thousand words, NDepend proposes several unique ways to visualize your code. This includes:
- Because we know developer time is invaluable, NDepend is fast, very fast
- The technical debt can be re-estimated after each compilation in Visual Studio within just a few seconds, even for hundreds of rules passed on a very large code base and, as we are aware of its importance, without any noticeable Visual Studio slow down.
- Fixing issues is much easier as the developer is immediately informed with no delay of new issues just created, while the context is still fresh in her mind and while the code is not checked-in yet to the source control server.
- Code maintainability improves. This positively impacts the productivity of development teams.
- Over time, developers get educated about rules to follow and their skills improve.
- Architects can anticipate the impact of code changes. The right decisions are taken early.
- Since quality is checked automatically and continuously with a strong focus on recent changes, both in Visual Studio and in the DevOps, the team builds better code.
- Executives gain control over costs and risks thanks to light being shed on development facts and trends that matter most.
More than 12 000 companies provide better .NET code with ndepend.
See what professional developers are saying about ndepend.
"NDepend is giving me insight into my apps that I hadn't had before. Once I realized the depth and breadth of the information I was looking at, I was like a kid in a candy shop."
Daily Life Saver
"As someone who gets to work with other people code daily I found NDepend to be a real life saver in such cases."
"The issues NDepend raised for me seemed to be more related to architecture issues versus the other tools. It definitely gave me insight into what to refactor and how to reduce technical debt."
"Wintellect is happy to recommend NDepend to its clients to use it internally when working on our customer’s code."
Recent Reviews from around the web
"Tools like NDepend are required for teams dealing with proper code reviews, examining code when code is idle (like on weekends), or when you have a possible circular reference in play.
NDepend not only has a great static code analysis tool, but also provides a way for veteran developers and aspiring architects alike to adhere to coding standards along with a way to integrate a company's coding standards into the tool using CQLINQ.This is definitely a tool for advanced developers and one that I definitely recommend to anyone looking to analyze a code base."
"NDepend found enough problems in my code. Some of them are really helpful. I like that NDepend found 10 classes which can be changed to structures. Structures are extremely effective from the memory pressure perspectives. This is especially important when we’re talking about mobile applications."