Hundreds of default code rules to check against best practices. Support for Code Query over C# LINQ (CQLinq) to easily customize rules and query code.
Easily Manage Large Projects
Most companies have large systems that work together, often in mysterious ways. NDepend's in-depth reporting and toolset can help your company enforce its own coding standards and maintain complex projects.
Explore how the code is actually structured and shed light on architectural flaws thanks to the most powerful code dependency graph and dependency matrix available in the tool industry.
For each issue, the cost to fix and the severity are estimated through smart and customizable C# formulas. Thus estimations proposed are realistic.
Continuous Code Quality
A unique approach to continuously keep the technical debt under control and reimburse it with time.
Quality Gates are C# LINQ (CQLinq) queries that implement PASS/FAIL criteria to code quality.
Explore the issues-set in a few clicks and focus your effort on what is urgent and important.
Import test coverage data, and make the most of it in the NDepend feature-rich context.
Monitor the Health of Your Application
NDepend allows your team to accurately gauge the overall health of your application, no matter how complex it is.
Get Trend Charts about pretty much any code metrics to master the evolution of your application.
Compare two versions of a code base and its issues set, and browse diff and changes in any way you can think of.
Be warned of potential build process problems before they end up causing friction and pain.
Reduce Friction Between Your Developer Teams
NDepend's reporting and analysis helps architects and developers to communicate and reduce confusion.
Integrate NDepend analysis into your build process and get highly customized and detailed reports to see progression and prevent code quality degradation.
Spot too complex code at a glance thanks to unique diagramming capabilities.
Lines of Code, Cyclomatic Complexity, Coupling, Nesting Depth, Rank, NDepend supports them all (and much more).
Working with Legacy Code is Now Easier
By mapping out the structure of the project, it is much easier to see how components and dependencies are connected.
Get rid of dependency cycles between components to achieve higher code maintainability.
NDepend helps maintaining clean side-effects free code to write highly maintainable products.
Full Visual Studio and Azure DevOps integration, super fast and lightweight analysis, integration within all CI/DevOps systems, NDepend is conceived for real-world programmers.
Write your own static analyzer based on NDepend.API, or tweak existing open-sources Power Tools.
- NDepend is non-intrusive. You don’t have to modify your code to use it.
NDepend is easy to get started with. It won’t take you more than 5 minutes to install it as a VisualStudio addin and analyze a .NET application with dozens of assemblies.
- Each feature is introduced by a 3 to 6 minutes up-to-date video.
- Online documentation is detailed and up-to-date.
- Documentation embedded in the product, mostly through tooltips, is abundant.
NDepend is fast and lightweight. A tremendous effort has been spent on optimization.
- It analyzes around 10.000 lines of C# or VB.NET code per second,
- Most of the analysis will take less than 5 seconds (asynchronous) in Visual Studio thanks to incremental analysis capability,
- It only takes from 50MB to 100MB of extra memory in a Visual Studio process.
- The tool can generate dependency graph made of dozens of thousands of elements in a few seconds.
- NDepend is 100% integrated in Visual Studio™ 2022, 2019, 2017, 2015, 2013, 2012 and 2010. If you prefer you can use the standalone VisualNDepend.exe UI that collaborates with Visual Studio™.
- NDepend is 100% integrated in Azure DevOps and all other DevOps/CI technologies including: