Analyzing .NET 8.0, .NET 7.0 or .NET 6.0 Application
NDepend can analyze .NET 8.0, .NET 7.0 and .NET 6.0 applications. .NET 9.0 will be supported during the .NET 9.0 Release Candidate time in October 2024.
In the picture below, we can see the panel NDepend > Project properties > Code to Analyze on a .NET application.
- The .NET Profile is .NET 8.0. This profile with the right version is detected automatically when analyzing a .NET solution some .NET assemblies.
- Directories that contain the .NET 8.0 assemblies are automatically referenced.
- .NET 8.0 referenced assemblies are automatically resolved.
- The runtime net80 is shown for all application assemblies.
- Notice that the NDepend default rules take account of .NET 8.0 peculiarities and avoid showing false positives on .NET 8.0 code.
Browse how your application uses .NET 8.0, 7.0 or 6.0
It is quite interesting and informative to explore which .NET 8.0 APIs are used by your application with the NDepend dependency graph.
All other NDepend use-cases work when analyzing .NET code.