Analyzing UWP Application
Since version 2021.1 NDepend can analyze Universal Windows Platform (UWP) applications.
In the picture below, we can see the panel NDepend > Project properties > Code to Analyze on a UWP application. Let's notice that:
- The .NET Profile is UWP. This profile is detected automatically when analyzing a UWP solution or some UWP assemblies.
- Directories that contain the UWP framework assemblies are automatically referenced.
- UWP referenced assemblies are automatically resolved (like Windows.Foundation.UniversalApiContract.dll and Windows.Foundation.FoundationContract.dll for example)
- The runtimes uwp or netstandard2.0 are shown for application assemblies.
- Notice that the NDepend default rules take account of UWP peculiarities and avoid showing false positives on UWP code.
Browse how your application uses UWP APIs
It is quite interesting and informative to explore which UWP APIs are used by your application with the NDepend dependency graph.
All other NDepend use-cases work when analyzing UWP code.