Analyzing Xamarin Application
Since version 2021.1 NDepend can analyze Xamarin applications.
In the picture below, we can see the panel NDepend > Project properties > Code to Analyze on a Xamarin application. Let's notice that:
- The .NET Profile is Xamarin. This profile is detected automatically when analyzing a Xamarin solution or some Xamarin assemblies.
- Directories that contain the Xamarin assemblies are automatically linked.
- Xamarin referenced assemblies are automatically resolved.
- The runtime mono is shown for all application assemblies.
- Note that if some assemblies are compiled against .NET Standard 2.0 for example, netstandard20 is shown instead.
- Notice that the NDepend default rules take account of Xamarin peculiarities and avoid showing false positives on Xamarin code.
Browse how your application uses Xamarin APIs
It is quite interesting and informative to explore which Xamarin APIs are used by your application with the NDepend dependency graph.
All other NDepend use-cases work when analyzing Xamarin code.